Google Chrome: Your Profile could not be opened correctly

I encountered this problem one day when I opened my PC and then opened Google Chrome. I was surprised because I never had problems with Chrome before this, and I didn't know what the browser was talking about. So as usual, I did a Google research, and found out that a specific file was making the problem. Find out the solution after the break!


From what I found, a file called "Web Data", which stores tons of information, such as bookmarks, passwords and old visited sites, was corrupted. So all I have to do is to delete the file and hope that it works.



  1. First, Quit Google Chrome (obviously!).
  2. In Windows 7, the file is located at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default.
  3. Delete the "Web Data" file.
  4. Restart Google Chrome.
Keep in mind though, that since it stores lots of information, you may want to back up your files before doing it.

There are other methods that can be done to rectify this problem like creating a new profile or deleting not just the "Web Data" file. The methods are found on the links provided. They are also the sources I used for this tidBeAT, so credit is due to them.



Till the next Tech tidBeATs! 



source links:
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 comments:

  1. The deletion of webdata file is only a temporary fix. The message comes back after you reboot (or it did for me and lots of other people). Any other advice... can't go deleting the webdata every time you boot up - that's even more annoying than the message!

    ReplyDelete